The Archway 1 Art Studio was founded in 2003 under both viaducts Archway 1 and 2, Chapman Road, Annandale and is managed by the Archetype Projects, an unincorporated not for profit association, Directors are Rachel Jordan and Stefan von Reiche. The Archetype Projects committee and a team of volunteers assist with events and workshops. We are an a non government funded, self sustainable, artist run initiative with over twenty years experience in the arts.
The studio was the private studio of artist Stefan von Reiche whom for over 7+ years, enabled the space to be accessed by local artists; filmmakers, painters, photographers, make up artists, actors, sculptures and writers, whom would all require space to produce, initiate, brainstorm, complete, unblock, re-inspire and/or create their work, in a supportive and conducive environment. The space was also used to exhibit art and facilitate a meeting place for artist talks and collaboration. The Archway 1 was opened to the public in January 2012, and became home to The Archway 1 Theatre Company in August of 2012.
What operates in the Archway 1:
- The Archway 1 Theatre Company – Founded in 2012. Debut as a company in Nov. 2012. Also, theatrical training centre; Drama, Improv, Theatre making, Voice and Movement.
- The Archetype Gallery– Founded in 2006. Solo and Group exhibitions in contemporary art. Local and international artists.
- The Archetype Projects – Comunity based projects. Outreach, consultancy, documentation, graphic design and creative projects.
- Film Lab; Writers group, Filmmaking, Development, Pre-Production, Production, Post Production, Support
- Photography studio – Photography studio hire, conceptual, art, documentation, product, fashion.
- Creative Arts Alliance Sydney – 500+ meet up network via online membership. Support, advocacy, collaborative work, skill swap, referral.
- Archetype Arts – Classes and workshops for children and adults. Art, Cuban Salsa, film nights, open mic poetry, fashion shows and artist salon talks.